Google Tag

Friday 21 April 2017

Scott And Rivers - ニマイメ



As a long time Weezer fan, the last few years have provided diminishing returns. I compare them to Cheap Trick in that you wait excitedly for every new album and you are told in advance that it's a real return to form. What you get is actually one or two killer songs accompanied by a load of disappointment.

Rivers Cuomo always seems to provide far more away from the band and the Scott And Rivers follow up to the 2013 debut is stunning. Murphy and Cuomo together offer something very different to their respective bands, Allister and Weezer.

This is J Pop, sung in Japanese and it's outstanding. There's the odd departure into ska and even rap, but largely it's great great pop and in Doo Wop, they have come up with one of the best Power Pop songs of 2017.

Normally, I'd direct to you where you can listen to and find it. However, I got hold of this via Japan from who I know rather than what I know. It is available on i-Tunes Japan here. As soon as I know of more availability I'll tell you. However I can't hold back on telling you how much that I am enjoying the album.




3 comments:

  1. How is it 2023 and I still can't listen to this album :( I think I have to have Spotify Premium in the US to hear it. I'm tempted to get it just to hear it. I love the first Scott and Rivers album. I was stoked to find out their was a second album and alas... I can't listen to it. We've got Starlink for crying out loud and I still can't just like reach out and touch any music I want... that's dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotify = https://open.spotify.com/album/0gwOaFnbYcITa92lr5D51c. If region specific you can use a vpn maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may also find it under the album title Nimaine

    ReplyDelete