Google Tag

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Beachheads - Beachheads



I've been banging on about how much great Pop and Rock has been coming out of the Scandinavian countries lately, ably assisted by my good friend Nick Fletcher. Norwegian band Beachheads are another fine example.

The band come across as a UK New Wave Band from the late 70's or the more melodic outfits of Brit Pop. Lots of Riffs, I've seen comparisons to The Only Ones and I can see that, but the vocals are far more akin to Pete Wylie.




The whole album is great singalong Power Pop, reminds me a lot of the bands that were coming out of Liverpool's second Merseybeat, a scene I know all too well. Then along comes something like Reverberations which is pure Plimsouls or Paul Collins.

Procession could be The Pale Fountains and the album's closer, It Feels Alright sounds very Noel Gallagher and the brass adds to it. But time after time, I come back to Wylie and The Mighty Wah and that's a real compliment. This is a superb upbeat Power Pop album that deserves your attention.




You can listen to and buy the album here.



No comments:

Post a Comment